2019 California Fall Challenge - Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Challenge
If you’ve ever asked your friends to support you on a walk to raise money for medical research or held a bake sale in your neighborhood for your kid’s sports team, you’ve done peer-to-peer fundraising. You can take it to the next level for birds by leading your own bird walk, holding your own Facebook fundraiser, or using your own fundraising page on our website (we can create one for you) to share your passion about our work and ask for donations from your community.
Participants who raise $100 or more for SFBBO can receive our 2019 CFC T-Shirt (at right) and earn raffle tickets to win great prizes, including a whale watching trip with Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris!
We will thank you for your fundraising help in several ways:
Please click on the three links below for instructions on how to create your own peer-to-peer fundraising team, or contact email@example.com or (408) 946-6548 ext. 2 for more information!
Traditional Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
You can follow these steps to lead your own traditional CFC fundraising team and engage your community in our mission!
- Make a list of your potential donors (family, friends, neighbors, colleagues) and decide on a fundraising goal
- Write down why you support bird conservation - we've provided you with some specific examples, but feel free to share what you love most about SFBBO
- Send letters, lead a bird walk, or meet in person to let people know why you care about birds and ask for their support
- Please let us know that you are raising money for us and who your donors are at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know who to credit for our CFC donations
- Make sure to thank your supporters and let them know a $50 or more gift makes them eligible to receive our 2019 CFC T-Shirt!
Facebook peer-to-peer fundraising
Online crowdfunding is the fastest growing fundraising strategy today! You can take your peer-to-peer fundraising to the next level by holding your own Facebook fundraiser and sharing your passion about our story and our need with your Facebook community.
- On your Facebook Page, go to the navigation bar on the left side of the page and click on "Fundraisers"
- Click on the blue "Raise Money" rectangle button
- Click "Nonprofit" and write in "San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory"
- Fill in your message (see here for some helpful examples) and revenue goal and hit "Create"
- Invite your friends to like, share, and contribute to your fundraiser
- Remember to let people know that donations of $50 or more make them eligible to receive our 2019 CFC T-Shirt!
- Please let us know that you are raising money for us through Facebook and how much you raised at email@example.com so we know who to credit for our Facebook donations
- Facebook will send your donations directly to SFBBO
- Make sure to thank your supporters!
web page based peer-to-peer fundraising
Online crowdfunding is the fastest growing fundraising strategy today! You can take your peer-to-peer fundraising to the next level by using your own fundraising page on our website (we can create one for you) and sharing your passion about our story and our need with your community via e-mail and social media.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask SFBBO to start a "Fundraising Page" for you in our California Fall Challenge campaign section OR click on the "California Fall Challenge" button below, choose "Become a Fundraiser," and follow the steps to personalize your page with your photo, message (see here for some helpful examples), and fundraising goal
- Use the icons on the left side of your fundraising page to share your page in your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest accounts
- Make a list of your potential donors - family, friends, neighbors, colleagues - and use the link on the left side of your fundraising page to share (by e-mail) your fundraising page with them.
- Please check your fundraising page periodically for a running tally to make sure all your donors' gifts are accounted for, and contact email@example.com if you want us to double check, too.
- Remember to let people know that donations of $50 or more makes them eligible to receive our 2019 CFC T-Shirt!
- Make sure to thank your supporters!